CALL FOR ENTRIES INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM WEEK 2010 in BOLIVIA Cochabamba – Bolivia >> May 10th to May 15th 2010
From the beginning of last decade short films have been experimenting deep transformations leading the format to become an independent visual genre with a language and characteristics of its own.
Short films expose our stories, our lives, our beliefs and dreams. They give a voice to artists that find in the visual language a way to express our cultural universe.
And it is through film festivals that audiences get a chance to see the work of directors with an urge to say something relevant. Short films represent freedom and the democratization of access to visual media.
The International Short Film Week is a platform for short film scriptwriters, directors and producers to position their work as genre independent from feature films.
In this context, IMAGINEA Art and Culture, in collaboration with = Fundaci=F3n Imagen, launches its first international call for short films.
1. – Application is open to any director and project without restrictions in terms of nationality or age.
2. – Applications are limited to three projects per applicant. 35mm, 16mm and digital are accepted as original formats. Silence and sound films are accepted (optical or magnetic sound should be incorporated). Works that need additional reproduction systems wont = be accepted.
3. – There is no restrictions in terms of subject matter. Works can be submitted to any of the following categories: narrative, documentary, animation and experimental.
4. – Submitted projects cannot exceed 30 minutes of duration (including credits) and should meet all the technical standards to guarantee their projection.
5. – Participants need to submit the following material: A DVD with the film with Spanish subtitles if original language is not Spanish. Three film stills(black & white or color) with 300dpi resolution on a CD-ROM. A completed application form. In the event the applicant is not the owner of the rights, a signed statement by the owner authorizing the application. =B7 DVD needs to be labeled with the short film title and contact information. Submitted materials will be incorporated to the organizations library and wont be returned. All materials are subject to be used for Festival promotion. By submitting, participants accept these terms. =B7 All applications should be submitted no latter than March 31st 2010. Applications should be submitted to the following address:
Semana Internacional del Corto Calle Jordan 326 Cochabamba Bolivia
Applications can also be sent to:
Semana Internacional del Corto Casilla Postal 6465 La Paz – Bolivia
6. The applicant will cover all postage services. Envelopes need to display on the exterior the following message: Sin valor comercial solo con fines culturales.
(No commercial value cultural purposes only.)
7. – The Festival organization will be responsible for guaranteeing the works integrity as well as its exhibition in the best conditions possible.
8. – A committee integrated by three renown film and culture personalities will be responsible of deciding on the International = Short Film week Official Selection.
9. – Selected participants will be contacted by the Festival Programming department.
10. – The organization will be free to schedule the selected short films in the day and times that are deemed more suitable for them according to the Festival program.
11. – By submitting, participants agree to the usage, for the festival promotion, of film clips of up to two minutes of length in any media.
12. – The organization will retain the right to deny admission to any work that includesscenes that violate human rights or content deemed to be harmful for the public.
13. – In this edition, audiences will be responsible of selecting the awarded short film. Award price consists of a 1,000 Euros cash price.
14. – For further information please contact: semanadelcorto [AT] gmail [DOT] com
Follow us in Facebook
DOWNLOAD THE CALL FOR ENTRIES here:
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM here:
Application Form International Short Film Week 2010 Bolivia
Encuentra informaci=F3n en nuestra web: http://www.sicorto.com